Thursday, September 18, 2014

Tips for booking a flight

Hi Everyone,

Today I want to talk about flights. The Internet is a great help and nowadays most people buy their flight online. There are plenty of websites I'll tell you which websites I use for booking my flights and how you can save some money.

Here we go:

1. When will you fly?
I guess you already know that its cheaper to book a flight some month before right? Now there are even summer and winter prices. 

- Book a flight in 'wintertime' (November-March)

For example I wanted to book a flight in July to Seoul. I looked at several websites and found one for 570€ which is very cheap. It would have been from Berlin to Paris and the next day from Paris to Seoul. Back it would have been Seoul to Fukuoka and 14 hours later Fukuoka to Amsterdam and Amsterdam to Berlin.

My dad didn't buy the flight right away he waited 4 weeks and it was April. When he wanted to book it the flight wasn't available anymore and there were where just flight for 760€. 

- Always make sure to book 6 to 3 month earlier
- Check the prices regularly in that time

Also you can save some money when you take a flight that departs in the week

- book a flight that departs on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Saturday (Same for the back flight)

You'll also save a lot of money when you don't fly on national holidays or the beginning of the school holidays.

- don't book a flight that departs at the beginning of summer holidays, Christmas, thanksgiving etc.

If you need to fly in that time than at least book the flight early.



2. Websites
As I mentioned earlier, there are hundreds of websites to book a flight. I always checked the price of a flight at airfasttickets 

I also wanted to book a flight there BUT  you'll need a credit card, which I didn't had at that time. That's why I couldn't book the Paris-Seoul-Fukuoka flight.
When my father and I wanted to book another more expensive flight the website would tell me before I give them the credit card number that the flight would be 200€ more expensive and that happened with a lot of flights I wanted to book even on other websites. 

So, where should you buy your ticket now?

I went directly to the websites of the airlines. And found a flight over Dubai for 629€ which i still could effort.

- book your flight at the website of the airline
- compare the prices of a lot of airlines

for example I checked the prices at Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Lufthansa, Airberlin, Air France, KLM, Korean Air and British Airways 

In the end the cheapest flight (which surprised me) was from Emirates the best Airline in 2013.

I also recommend (If you have the money) to fly with Emirates, Singapore Airlines or Quatar Airways because even the economy class has a lot of space and you'll have a private TV on long distance flights ^.^ yay

3. Stops
You maybe have seen it before. When you look for a flight the one that have 1 or 2 stops are most times cheaper.

- book the cheap multiple stops flight

Now you don't need to follow that tip, because it can be very stressful to have so  many stops. I had, when I went to Seoul and when I came back, a 4 hour stop in Dubai Airport the first time it was totally alright because I got a free meal (cause when you stay over 4 hours you'll get one). Back was a little more stressful because I was ill. But I had enough time to get to my next check in. When you have a 1 hour stop I think that would be very stressful. Just imagine you need to get from one side of the Dubai airport to the other. The Airport in Dubai is huge and very very long. My feet killed me when I went from one side to another with high heels. SO always look at how long the stop would be and in which airport. I wouldn't like to stay at Berlin Tegel for 4 hours.


4. Last but not least 

- book an economy flight

Of course if you fly with Lufthansa for example you'll not have much space and your food will maybe be not that tasty but in the end its just a way of transportation. Comfort is great but in the end if you want it cheap you sometimes need to say goodbye to comfort. Of course not if you fly with the three Airlines mentioned before.




That's it for today. I hope you'll find a cheap flight and have a nice trip wherever you go.


Bye bye Marie




No comments:

Post a Comment